Monitor your children's progress with separate accounts!
The account that is created or logged on at purchase is the account that is, by default, linked to the course.
But there are other options available to you!
You may want your children to be able to log on via their own devices and work independently and separately from each other.
Since the courses keep track of what the student has completed and where they left off…children sharing the same account may find it cumbersome to remember where THEY left off in a course when logging in after a sibling has made different progress.
You, as the parent, may also want to be able to monitor your child’s progress without having to log on separately to each of their accounts every.single.time to check on how far they’ve gotten. This can be particularly tedious the more children you have!
The solution to these issues is a family group account!
What You Need to Know
- Any course or courses a group is enrolled in will be shared with every member of the group.
- You can purchase more courses to add to a group at any time.
- All group courses must have been purchased for EACH member of the group that will be taking the course.
- A group consists of a parent (leader) and child (members).
NOTE: If you have a course that you want for just one of your children, not all of them…then I can set up a separate group for just the courses that you want separate with just that one child (or 2 children, or whatever you choose.)
For example, let’s say you have older children that are going to take some courses that your littles are not going to need access to… I can set up a group for just you and your older children’s courses while having a separate group for you and your younger children’s courses.
Whatever you need. Just know that whatever course you are sharing in a group, all children in that group will have to have had a copy of that course paid for for them.
What You Need to Do
1. Purchase the course you desire in the quantity of the number of students that you wish to work on the course independently.
- You have 2 children that you want to be able to work separately and independently in the same course…purchase 2 of that course.
- You have 2 younger children that will work together and a 3rd child that will independently…purchase 2. (1 for the 2 younger children, and 1 for the independent worker.)
NOTE: You do NOT have to have your children work separately and independently. This is just an option for you. If you don’t want their progress and work to be changed as another child works through the course, you will want separate courses and accounts for each child. But if this is not a concern for you, you are welcome to have multiple children share a course.
2. Create a separate account for each of the children that you purchased the course for.
You can use this link to register each new user account. You will need to log out of your existing account to access the registration form.
The email that you use for the children’s accounts isn’t important. You can use one of your own other emails if you like, or the child’s own email. Your choice. Each account will need it’s own distinct email address though.
3. Contact me and let me know that you need a family group set up for your family. I will need the username of your account, as the group leader, and each username for each of the child members…plus the course that you just paid for.
I will confirm your information, set the group up for you, and let you know when it’s all good to go! (Or if there are any issues that need working out first.)
Let me know if you have any questions by contacting me via my contact page.
Let me take some work off your hands
I've done the work for you so you can enjoy the activities WITH your kids!
(Or, take a much needed break!)